Missing CD/DVD ROM on MyComputer [FIXED/SOLUTION]

I was planning to make a back up of complete episodes of "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho" when i noticed that my NERO Burner is not detecting my DVD RW Drive. It only shows image recorder in my nero and saves only image file. I was frustrated that time, luckily I found a solution to the missing CD/DVD ROM. This kind of problem happens only in my COMPAQ Presario CQ40 all the time.

Just follow the steps below to fix the problem. Please leave a comment if it helps you!
1. First Close all open programs running.
2. Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3. Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
Class
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

4. Now look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
LowerFilters
UpperFilters.bak
LowerFilters.bak

5. If any of the above are shown on the right column delete it.
6. After you are deleting some registry keys. Reboot your computer to take effect.
7. After rebooting your computer open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned.

I hope it helps you to fix the problem! 

Comments